There are three ways, as of writing this, to get Spotify working on the N900.
- Despotify Command line version
First run, I was faced with the login screen for the first time:
- Yaspot always skips when the N900 does something else. When the screen dims, when you lock the device, when you enter the dashboard, when the device comes back to life etc. There's half a second of silence. Best to just leave it alone while you're listening to music. Probably a Despotify issue and not Yaspot.
- Yaspot did crash a couple of times. Especially when I got impatient and clicked stuff when it was already processing.
- Not that beautiful to look at.
- No music caching (or very little, it seems)
- It does appear to suck a LOT of battery. Beware of that. I am seeing a full battery when I start my commute and something like 75% left when I get to work. It's to be expected, I suppose.
album view and press "playing queue" on the first screen or select it
from the status bar menu. Notice how there is no indication
of what track we are actually listening to :)